- Programme Committee
- International Advisory Board
- Scientific Secretariat
- NEW! Mobile App
- Press Area
- Celebrating 30 years
- >> LATE ABSTRACTS
- Workshop proposals
- CALL|Special Issue WM journal
- CALL|Italian session
- Paper publication
- Oral and Poster Instructions
- Key dates
- >> COMMERCIAL EXHIBITION
- CALL|Companies sessions
- Advertising Opportunities
- Business Meetings
- Confirmed Exhibitors 2017
- Exhibitors 2015
EVENTS & AWARDS
WASTE TO PHOTO
SARDINIA 2015 EDITION
Following the incredible success of the International Workshop on Waste Architecture, a parallel event of the Sardinia 2015 Symposium, we are glad to announce that Waste Architecture has been included in the main programme of the conference. This initiative is the result of the activity of Waste Architecture Platform, a complex project conceived as a container of initiatives devoted to environmental architecture in connection with interventions concerning the collection, disposal and management of waste.
The need to integrate waste disposal systems into an environmental planning strategy connected to the landscape and urban space requires an integrated planning activity and a multidisciplinary approach. From this perspective, the technical aspects, once the exclusive domain of environmental engineering, nowadays give rise to an interesting synergy with architecture.
The following topics, among others, will be extensively discussed:
- Functional requalification of old and new landfill sites
- Landfill mining for land reuse and remediation of degraded land
- Integration of pneumatic waste collection system in the urban space
- Design of facilities for separate collection systems
- Locations for waste disposal and relationships with the city
- Transfer stations
- Waste Architecture and circular economy (Reuse Centres, ...)
- Architecture of buildings for waste treatment
The purpose of the oral sessions dedicated to Waste Architecture is to stimulate a debate on architecture for the environment and, more specifically, the architecture of major works related to Waste Management.
In this prestigious context, the thematic sessions will provide the setting for in-depth discussion on this specific topic, aimed not only at environmental professionals, but also experts in architecture, and landscape design, and will represent an opportunity to come into contact with the world-leading experts in the field.
Researchers and professionals in the field are invited to contribute to the conference by submitting an abstract focussing on one or more of the topics of interest. Offers of workshop proposals are also welcome.
Submit your abstract by April 15th, 2017!